Drew Taylor (aka KidPlastik) escaped Salt Lake City for a month last fall and visited China. He recorded some of his trip with a video camera, edited the results, set them to music and posted the whole thing on the internet for all to see. Ain’t the internet grand!
Mr. Plastik used Shanghaiist fave YouTube — like Flickr for videos — to upload his “The China Experience” movie, which, Shanghaiist believes, borrowed its soundtrack from the yoga instructor at Megafit.
There isn’t much in the way of Shanghai or China videos over at YouTube right now, but there are some worth checking out during a boring day at the office:
- Drew Taylor’s “The China Experience”
- A UFO (or a flashing light) in Xinjiang
- President Bush speaks Chinese (kind of)
- Japanese news broadcast about the Dingzhou peasant uprising
- A rather tame Beijing roller coaster ride with a violent screamer
- A strange music video featuring Manchester United player Ryan Giggs
- A Japanese news broadcast about Shanghai’s anti-Japan protests
- A walking tour of Shanghai Normal University
- A Wang Lee Hom music video
- Skater Danny Way jumps the Great Wall
- A gang of Westerners hits Shanghai’s streets with new mopeds
- Inside the cockpit of an Airbus 340 as it approaches Shanghai
- Shanghainese rappers Bamboo Crew rip shit up
- Shanghai’s Super Rap Crew slows it down for the ladies
- Super Rap Crew drops knowledge
- Behold the “Sexual Love Magic Ball”
Thanks for the tip Tian!