Not sure where you are right now, but we’re pretty sure we know where you will be exactly one week from now — somewhere in Shanghai saying, “Oh shit, I forgot about that Shanghaiist party.” And that would be too bad, because for a bunch of bloggers, we’ve actually organized a pretty (if we do say so our damn selves) damn good time. And by good time, we mean semi-cheap booze*, great live music and (almost) free stuff.
We now have a snazzy party flyer, that we encourage you to distribute to all your rowdy friends. You’ll need a printout of the flyer to get an extended happy hour. The flyer was designed by the lovely Fiona Peng, who has also donated some of her Punk Pilgrim fashion accessories to our lucky draw. Here’s a list of all the confirmed prizes so far, kindly donated by very kind local businesses:
- The Blarney Stone (1 bottle of Jameson Irish Whiskey, 1 bottle of Baileys Irish Cream)
- KABB/Blue Frog (to be determined)
- Asia Pacific Access (2 “taxi books,” one bottle of “nice wine”)
- Access Asia (limited edition prints of the best 70-year-old map of Shanghai)
- Punk Pilgrim, cool fashion accessiories (3 belts, 4 cuff bracelets and a clutch)
- House of Mercury (6 Beverly Hills Polo Club backpacks)
- Enjoy Shanghai (2 Enjoy kits)
- D.D. Wong’s Far East Boutique (1 pearl necklace)
- British Bulldog Pub (assorted items)
- O’Malley’s Irish Pub (1 rugby shirt)
- Shanghaiist (several Shanghaiist T-shirts!)
This list grows every day. And it’s not too late for your business to donate a prize. If interested in helping out, please email [email protected].
Again, here are the dirty details:
What: Help celebrate Shanghaiist’s first 67 days of existence!
Where: British Bulldog Pub, 1 Wulumuqi Nan Lu, near Dong Ping Lu (乌鲁木齐路1号,近东平路)
When: Friday, Sept. 16, 7 pm-ish to late
Who: All your rowdy friends
Live music: Xingfu 13 (Tang Hui Pub‘s house band) at 9 pm, Shanghai Cowboys at 10 pm
Drink specials: Those who bring a printout of the party flyer get two extra hours of happy hour (2-for-1 on selected drinks). Normal happy hour runs from 6-8 pm. Extended happy hour will go from 8-10 pm.
Prizes: Guests will have the chance to win some great prizes kindly donated (hint, hint) by local businesses
Entrance fee: None!
See you in a week!
* If you get there before 10 and bring a printout of the party flyer.
Also on Shanghaiist:
Alcohol and live music: Party with Shanghaiist!