Not sure if you heard or not, but we’re having a party on Friday. And while people seem genuinely excited about the great live music, the cool prizes (see below) and the chance to meet Shamus, we all know that what will really pack ’em in the British Bulldog Pub are the Shanghaiist.com T-shirts! (Play along, folks.) Yep, Friday will be your first opportunity to purchase these custom-made, 100-percent-cotton wonders that have local fashionistas foaming at their pouty little mouths. You know why, right? They are ringer Ts! Shanghaiist T-shirts, which come in normal Western sizes, will sell for 60 RMB on Friday. That’s less than a beer in some bars in Shanghai. Some lucky party-goers will win a shirt in our lucky draw. Here are some of the other prizes up for grabs:
- ShanghaiExpat.com (2 bottles of wine)
- ShanghaiDaily.com (2 Mark Cheung T-shirts “worth over RMB 1000”)
- Wagas (300 RMB voucher)
- China West Entertainment (2 tickets to see Deep Dish in concert on Dec. 3)
- Raleigh-Cornell (5 pairs of hand-made designer earrings)
- The Blarney Stone (1 bottle of Jameson Irish Whiskey, 1 bottle of Baileys Irish Cream)
- Blue Frog (300 RMB voucher)
- KABB (300 RMB voucher)
- Asia Pacific Access (2 “taxi books,” one bottle of “nice wine”)
- Access Asia (2 limited edition prints of the best 70-year-old map of Shanghai)
- Punk Pilgrim, cool fashion accessiories (3 belts, 4 cuff bracelets and a clutch)
- House of Mercury (6 Beverly Hills Polo Club backpacks)
- Enjoy Shanghai (2 Enjoy kits)
- D.D. Wong’s Far East Boutique (1 pearl necklace and 1 pair of pearl earrings)
- British Bulldog Pub (assorted items)
- O’Malley’s Irish Pub (1 rugby shirt)
- Shanghaiist (several Shanghaiist T-shirts!)
It’s still not too late for your business to donate a prize. If interested in helping out, please email [email protected].
Again, here are the party details:
What: Help celebrate Shanghaiist’s first 67 days of existence!
Where: British Bulldog Pub, 1 Wulumuqi Nan Lu, near Dong Ping Lu (乌鲁木齐路1号,近东平路)
When: Friday, Sept. 16, 7 pm-ish to late
Who: All your rowdy friends
Live music: Xingfu 13 (Tang Hui Pub‘s house band) at 9 pm, Shanghai Cowboys at 10 pm
Drink specials: Those who bring a printout of the party flyer get two extra hours of happy hour (2-for-1 on selected drinks). Normal happy hour runs from 6-8 pm. Extended happy hour will go from 8-10 pm.
Prizes: Guests will have the chance to win some great prizes kindly donated (hint, hint) by local businesses
Dress code: We don’t care what you wear
Entrance fee: None!
See you soon!
Also on Shanghaiist:
Alcohol and live music: Party with Shanghaiist!
Shanghaiist Party: Consider yourself invited (again)