A final party plug before Shanghaiist lugs a shitload of T-shirts and raffle prizes over to the British Bulldog Pub. We had a couple last-minute additions to the raffle prize list (below), so be sure to check it out one more time. (Raffle tickets are 10 kuai, by the way, and five for 40 kuai. Entrance, of course, is free.) There are two threads about the party currently running on local message boards. One controversially suggests that “cute guys don’t read blogs.” Maybe that’s true. But we at Shanghaiist read somewhere — probably a blog — that cute guys and hot girls tend to like live music and alcoholic beverages. And on those two criteria, we have you covered. As our friend Jake would say, this party is going to be “fresh.”
But what do we know — we’re just ugly bloggers.
And now, for one last time, the diggity details:
What: Help celebrate Shanghaiist’s first 67 days of existence!
Where: British Bulldog Pub, 1 Wulumuqi Nan Lu, near Dong Ping Lu (乌鲁木齐路1号,近东平路)
When: Friday, Sept. 16, 7 pm-ish to late
Live music: Xingfu 13 (Tang Hui Pub‘s house band) at 9 pm, Shanghai Cowboys (old school country and western) at 10 pm
Drink specials: Those who bring a printout of the party flyer get two extra hours of happy hour (2-for-1 on selected drinks). Normal happy hour runs from 6-8 pm. Extended happy hour will go from 8-10 pm.
Dress code: We don’t care what you wear
Entrance fee: None!
Prizes: Guests will have the chance to win some great prizes kindly donated by local businesses:
- Ma Design (gift package including 2 designer mugs, a designer T-shirt, a designer candle, 200 RMB gift certificate for dining at MA.D Club and 200 RMB gift certificate for MA.D Club salon)
- Ismay Publications (2 annual subscriptions for home delivery of Shanghai Talk magazine and 2 copies of their annual China guide book, China Welcomes You)
- ShanghaiExpat.com (2 bottles of wine)
- ShanghaiDaily.com (2 Mark Cheung T-shirts “worth over RMB 1000”)
- Wagas (300 RMB voucher)
- China West Entertainment (2 tickets to see Deep Dish in concert on Dec. 3)
- Raleigh-Cornell (5 pairs of hand-made designer earrings)
- The Blarney Stone (1 bottle of Jameson Irish Whiskey, 1 bottle of Baileys Irish Cream)
- Blue Frog/KABB (300 RMB voucher)
- Asia Pacific Access (2 “taxi books,” one bottle of “nice wine”)
- Access Asia (2 limited edition prints of the best 70-year-old map of Shanghai)
- Punk Pilgrim, cool fashion accessiories (3 belts, 4 cuff bracelets and a clutch)
- House of Mercury (6 Beverly Hills Polo Club backpacks)
- Enjoy Shanghai (2 Enjoy kits)
- D.D. Wong’s Far East Boutique (1 pearl necklace and 1 pair of pearl earrings)
- British Bulldog Pub (assorted items)
- O’Malley’s Irish Pub (1 rugby shirt)
- Shanghaiist (several Shanghaiist T-shirts!)
Thanks to all of our great sponsors!
See you tonight!
(Don’t forget to bring a copy of the party flyer.)