Poor old DJ Sasha swung through Shanghai last year and was roundly savaged by the media and just about anyone who attended his gig. Shanghaiist wasn’t there (darn it!), but among the complaints we heard lodged were these:
- Ticket prices. RMB 480 for general admission; RMB 1080 for VIP.
- A VIP ticket (yes, some were actually sold …) provided little else but access to an upper floor which meant looking at the tops of lots of heads.
- Ticket price did include an “open” bar. Open only to Chivas drinkers, however, since that was the only product available.
- Taxi-free-zone at the end of the show.
- Sasha suffered technical problems including a broken iPod. (Shanghaiist can sympathize here: our Pod has just come back from the Apple Centre on Guangdong Lu).
In fact, word has it that the only people who had fun was the small group who inadvertently ended up at Sasha’s on Dongping Lu, after a mix-up with their taxi driver.
Anyway, the DJ/producer now has a chance to redeem himself. Or at least, his tour promoters do. His upcoming China tour will include appearances in Beijing, Chongqing, Guangzhou and here in Shanghai.
Get your dancing shoes and your whisky legs on.
Sasha plays the VIP Room, November 4. Presale tickets now available, RMB 200. Tel: 6248-8898.