- We love high-speed trains. A Shanghai-Beijing line was just approved — and it will use “homemade technologies.”
- China is helping the environment … in the U.S. … with fake Christmas trees.
- Shanghai’s mayor: “Shanghai has been hoping to build a Disneyland for a long time.” Disney: “There is nothing new to report on the progress of Shanghai discussions. If we were to reach an agreement for a second park in China, it would not open before 2010.”
- Yahoo’s got more China trouble. This time it is illegal music files and ringtones. Just like Baidu.
- When you throw out old shoes in Shanghai, Mrs. Liu picks them up — and sells the rubber to raise her family.
- Ever wonder why you hear so much crying on Wanping Lu?
- A thoughtful, Chinese take on the new Rolling Stone … by a blogger who just got blocked.
- You don’t have to be old enough to drink to shill for a bai jiu company.
Photo of Shanghai Mayor Han Zheng from Shanghai Daily.