- While no real progress has been made in cementing a deal with Disney, Shanghai continues its game of one-upsmanship with Hong Kong–our fair city’s proposed site (only 6km from Pudong airport) is eight times the size of Hong Kong’s park.
- Chinese women play U.S. to 0-0 draw in Algarve Cup.
- Have you noticed how hard it is to get a cab these days? Officials say soaring gasoline prices and Shanghai’s growing public transportation network have cut into drivers’ profits, leading many of them to quit.
- Henan Province celebrates the birth of Daoism’s philosophical father, Laozi.
- The cost of “panda diplomacy” is high for foreign zoos, as annual loans of $1.1 million must be paid to China in order to retain the endangered bears, on top of the already staggering costs of housing them. Atlanta is hoping a little spring-time loving will go a long way for ticket sales.
Photo from flickr.