- Where is the Polar Research Institute of China headquartered? Shanghai, of course.
- Scotland has banned smoking in bars and restaurants, becoming the first British nation to make such a move. Hong Kong hopes to have all of its restaurants smoke-free sometime in 2007. Could Shanghai be far behind? Um, yes. Very far.
- Why Stephen King doesn’t sell well in China.
- China’s latest morality drive: Be a model citizen … and get your tennis racket strung for free.
- Does China need 200 Warner Bros. retail stores? Warner Bros. thinks so.
- A question that’s always bugged us: Why are Buicks so respected in China?
- ESWN translates a Massage Milk post: You can’t keep a Super Girl down!
Photo by Brad & Sabrina taken from the Shanghaiist photos page. To see your photos on our photos page, use Flickr and tag your photos “shanghaiist”. Or you can email your photos to [email protected] and they will automatically appear on our site.