- The Olympics in 2008 and the Expo in 2010 — it still sounds far off, but four Shanghai men are making sure the folks out in Tibet know about these two events that get media people up out of bed every morning. The catch is they’re traveling by bicycle!. They left on May 6 on their 11,100 kilometer journey. Also worth mentioning is the fact that the four men are aged 56-71, average age 62.
- We’re a bit chagrined at missing the ladyboy shows — the ringleaders that brought the Thai trannies to perform in Shanghai were recently arrested.
- We know that breast sizes are increasing in China, but we had no idea they were growing so fast that people (including women) are getting confused about how to wear the things properly. The Shanghai Daily reports on a study that finds nearly 80 percent of its respondents wear them too tight or too small.
- “Stoner confident in China” read the headline of this report — and for some reason we found ourselves giggly upon reading this, even though we knew it was about the Motorcycle Grand Prix being held this Sunday in Shanghai. The “Stoner” in question is the 20 year old Australian racer that hopes to repeat his past successes in Shanghai again this year.
- The Shanghai Daily reports that the jaywalker photos are going to be displayed in offices.
- A human zoo featuring specimens of the species homo sapiens australiacus is coming to town. Urban Dream Capsule, the four-man art troupe from Australia, are going to be living in a Shanghai shop window for two weeks, as they have done in various other locales in the world. If you don’t see them live, you can probably still catch them online. You are unlikely to see any poo-flinging or scandalous reproductive acts — there’s glass to cover that up — but these guys do seem to interact with the crowds and muck it up.
- Taiwan has some good graphic artists. Emphasis on graphic.
Photo by captainvideo taken from the Shanghaiist photos page. To see your photos on our photos page, use Flickr and tag your photos “shanghaiist”. Or you can email your photos to [email protected] and they will automatically appear on our site.