- Buy a fake Ferrari on Yahoo!.
- The yuan goes up, the dollar goes down: It’s now less than eight RMB to the dollar.
- A worker at the Japanese consulate in Shanghai remains dead after committing suicide … in 2004. But the debate over why he killed himself won’t die. We have covered this story before.
- Remember cute little Jing Jing and Cha Cha? Well, they are back in the news and ready to “maintain cyberspace safety” in eight new cities: Chongqing, Hangzhou, Ningbo, Qingdao, Xiamen, Guangzhou, Wuhan and Chengdu.
- And now for the sad story of a man surnamed Dou. In 1987, he was misdiagnosed with cancer of the penis (likely not the official name). Before it was determined that it was a misdiagnosis, Dou had “most of his sex organ” cut off per doctors orders. Dou still doesn’t feel he has been compensated correctly — really, could he ever be? — and, oh, he’s addicted to the opiate Dolantin.
- No good peeping tom uses a flash.
- Thousands of Chinese think Chen Kaige is ill-suited to be part of the “green Olympics” (and not just because his latest movie sucked).
- “Outsiders” and “foreigners” buying up downtown Shanghai.
- Jiaotong University has dismissed a prominent professor after learning that his “ground-breaking micro-chip” was a fake.
Photo by captainvideo taken from the Shanghaiist photos page. To see your photos on our photos page, use Flickr and tag your photos “shanghaiist”. Or you can email your photos to [email protected] and they will automatically appear on our site.