- What kind of loser would volunteer to videotape jaywalkers? “We were inspired by the idea that some undercover traffic police assistants are now taking pictures of jaywalkers. We hope to use our digital video equipment to make a contribution to helping locals break bad traffic habits,” said project leader Hu Zhaoming.
- In an attempt to crack down on littering in Pudong’s Lujiazui, the city sent out 100 officials to monitor 10 locations. How many litterers did they catch? One.
- The last days of the Flying Pigeon?
- Coincidence? There was a puff-pastry eating competition in Shanghai over the weekend … and men in east China are getting fatter. (But not as fat as the rest of China?)
- A Luc Besson retrospective is coming to Shanghai this June … and Besson isn’t even dead yet.
- The most popular “net words” in China.
- China Daily has a nipple fetish.
- Super Voice Girl Li Yuchun is “beautiful“? China’s “50 Most Beautiful People.”
- Don’t hire this guy. Please.
Photo by Shanghai Streets taken from the Shanghaiist photos page. To see your photos on our photos page, use Flickr and tag your photos “shanghaiist”. Or you can email your photos to [email protected] and they will automatically appear on our site.