- This World Cup is so exciting that a Chinese fellow had a heart attack due to excitement. (And having been on a three day bender.)
- Chinese women, however, can’t get enough of it.
- Liu Xiang is being praised yet again, as he deserves to be. He is apparently now a role model for not just you and me, but for other athletes as well. Get this — he doesn’t run when he is injured. A King amongst men …
- ESWN features an interesting story about a small advert that appeared in Mission: Impossible 3.
- You may not be surprised to hear of a corrupt Chinese official.
- The Shanghai-Hangzhou maglev that was billed for er ling yi ling (2010) may be delayed as the Chinese boys are saying “give us access to your technology”, and the German boys are saying “no”. Play nicely now …
- Everyone’s best friend, the PSB, have told taxis to stop taking expats for a ride. This kind request was actually issued after a woman named Alison Johnson was ripped of by a taxi — and then realised it wasn’t a taxi.
- We think everyone will agree with Liu Shinan when he says that Chinese children are too spoilt.
- And finally: Don’t have unprotected sex with migrant workers.
Photo by Shanghai Sky taken from the Shanghaiist photos page. To see your photos on our photos page, use Flickr and tag your photos “shanghaiist”. Or you can email your photos to [email protected] and they will automatically appear on our site.