- Remember that phone number for a real company that deals in fake documents that showed up in M:I:3? Well, it may lead to more cuts to the film before it opens in China later this month.
- More Yu Yuan for everyone!
- Newport, Rhode Island is in the house! American illustrations are headed to the Shanghai Art Museum.
- Shanghai Metro: No driver? No problem.
- Buy Sister Hibiscus’ words online.
- Volkswagen has pulled some advertisements out of the Shanghai metro system after some subway users labeled them as insulting and classist. Here are some of the translated slogans: “While some people are stuck in a stuffy station waiting for the subway, others are pursuing their own desires by driving a new Polo.” … “Get crushed in the subway or leave in your Polo and be the envy of others.” … “If you don’t own a Polo, remember to leave the party early so you can catch the last train home.”
- Super Voice Girls no match for the World Cup, which is (no surprise) hugely popular in Shanghai and still causing deaths in China.
Photo by spiky247 taken from the Shanghaiist Contribute page. To see your photos on our Contribute page, use Flickr and tag your photos “shanghaiist”. Or you can email your photos to [email protected] and they will automatically appear on our site.