After a, shall we say, downtrodden month in the music biz, it’s finally looking up. Our PC, however, is currently fucked (free tickets to a show if someone can offer up a good place to get a new processor) — so we’ll truncate:
Things covered in this week’s show (which will now be released on Fridays):
- Goth group Lacrimosa brings their classical-meets-Bauhausian sound to Shanghai next week
- Live Bar’s new owner, Brad Ferguson, brings more people in his opening night than the bar saw it’s during it’s entire September existence
- The boys from Antidote promise to find four hours of goth music (does anyone have four hours of goth music?) for Tanghui’s dark party
- Handsome guitarists grace the YYT stage
- Coco stops by with shitload of previews for next weekends Fuxing Park Jazz Fest
- The guys who just signed over their huge single to Fox Sports to be played after every touchdown join us in-studio to talk about their (ahem) live show at a (ahem) dance venue tonight — we’ll leave the goss behind all of that in another place
- And, of course, shameless self promotion for our GigLive indie shows at BonBon
Press play and be happy:
powered by ODEO
All in all — good stuff.
We’ll see you at a show this weekend — and go easy on the Antidote boys — four hours of goth will end up making anyone look like Lou Reed (and not the young one with aviator glasses).
… also, we embarrassingly forgot to mention anything about Junkie XL’s appearance at DKD tonight — just when we had gotten that Elvis remix he did out of our heads …