We were naughty last weekend and became that which we hate — we went to absolutely no shows (lovely weekend in Xitang, though). So please fill in the blanks:
- 4Live: Despite the _________ promoters of GigLive jabbing it a “hack job”, we attended Zooma’s Friday night offering and were __________ to have been there. We hope to ________ more things like this happening. Our favorite was ___________.
- Live Bar: We paid the ________ taxi fare to the newly, and _________ designed venue, just north of the Bund. We went _________ night and saw _____________. We were __________ to see 20 kuai for all drinks (including Jack Daniel’s, hurrah).
- Junkie XL: We, singing “A Little Less _________” the whole way there, attended and saw a __________ turnout for the remixing wizard. We heard ________ people there talking about how it was almost as exciting as seeing Collin Farrell at __________ that previous night.
- Lacrimosa: We spent ________ on black eye shadow and did our damndest to look __________ for this international show. It was a _________ night, despite there being far too many _____________.
… there you go — it’s a blog for fuck’s sake, so take part.
Things to look for this week?
- GigLive @ BonBon: Plastic Chocolate, Crazy Mushroom Brigade and __________ (that’s for us, not you).
- The 2006 Shanghai International Electroacoustic Music Week: Being smokers, simply typing that winded us, so if it’s your think, click to link.
- Sounds Like SOUMI Finnish Electronic Music Tour: Does anyone have a friggin’ short title? Click, please.
- The Georgia Sam Blues Band: Okay, slightly shorter. Rindy and his crew play Live Bar on Saturday night. Could easily be rated Shanghai’s most underrated band. Does that make sense?
- The Fuxing Park Jazz Festival: All weekend in the park, loads of jazz … and the best KTV bar in town next door should you be overwhelmed.
… right — that’s it (actually quite a bit for our little town). See you at one of the above.
Photo by Simon Scott.