Michael Ohlsson is an American living in Shanghai. He’s a DJ named Ozone. He writes about Shanghai’s music scene for City Weekend. And, like many people we know, he eats meals ever day. On his Weird Meat blog (where he writes about eating, um, weird things) he recently posted a list of restaurants he likes in Shanghai. It’s not meant to be a definitive list, but he does say he has worked as a food critic and knows “good food.” Anyway, lists like this are always good conversation starters, and who knows — you may discover a great place you didn’t know about before.
Here is the abridged version of his list (for the full write-ups, visit Weird Meat):
1. Charmant (Taiwanese Chinese)
2. Hengshan Cafe (Cantonese)
3. Lisboa Macau Restaurant (Macau)
4. Jimix: Seve (Italian, Pizza)
5. Vedas (north Indian)
6. Shanghai Uncle (Shanghai fusion)
7. Saleya (French bistro)
8. Yuxin (Sichuan Chinese)
9. Rendevouz (Singapore/Penang Malaysian) [We couldn’t find a link for this place and we don’t know if “Rendezvous” is misspelled on purpose.]
Got a list of your own? Post it in a comment.
Photo of Shanghai Uncle from Di-Fosfor.