Around a week ago, Shanghai Daily ran a story entitled “Top tourism sites named“:
Tourism authorities have named the top 10 “countryside tourism” sites in the city, based on an online vote by local residents.
The vote, hosted by the Shanghai Tourism Administrative Commission’s Website, received about 8,000 eligible ballots choosing from 18 nominated sites.
Did they list all 10 sites? No. Of course not. But we found them here (in Chinese).
So, here is a list of places in the Shanghai “countryside” that you’ll probably want to avoid during major holidays:
- Huating Renjia in Jiading District
- Village of Peasant Painting in Jinshan District
- Qianwei Ecology Village on Chongming Island
- Peach Flower Village in Nanhui District
- Shanghai Flower Harbor in Nanhui District
- Modern Agriculture Zone in Sunqiao, Pudong
- Dongping Forest Park on Chongming Island
- Modern Agriculture Zone in Songjiang District
- Shenlong Ecology Park in Fengxian District
- Oriental Holiday Garden in Baoshan District
Image of Nanhui Flower Harbor by moyuanjin.