We’ve been getting a lot of emails asking us when we’re having our next Shanghaiist Happy Hour (and by “a lot” we mean “more than one”). We finally have an answer — Saturday, March 31 — less than two weeks!
We will expand on the details of our first gathering since October (remember Halloween?) later, but here are the highlights:
• When: Saturday, March 31 (4 pm to ???)
• Where: ENO, 139-23 Changle Lu near Chengdu Nan Lu (长乐路139-23号 近成都南路)
• Live Music: The Shotgun SheRas, an excellent all-girl country and bluegrass band from south of the border (yes, Hong Kong). Check out the attached video. Hear more of their music at MySpace. See photos of the band at their website. This is a great chance to see a fun and talented band in an intimate setting. And NO COVER CHARGE. That’s right, it’s free. The band will start at 5 pm. Check them out before dinner (which, if everything works to plan, you should be able get at ENO).
• Shopping: ENO and MANifesto will be offering some great discounts to party-goers on their outerwear and underwear. More details soon!
• Drinking: Alcoholic beverages will be served, and they’ll be cheap. The last we heard, there will be some kind plan worked out where the more you drink, the more of a discount you get on ENO clothing. That has to be someone’s dream come true.
• And more: The party will continue all night, with more great music and no doubt a surprise or two.
Stay tuned! And see you in less than two weeks. It’s been too long.