Pecha Kucha is known worldwide as an open night for architects, designers, photographers or anyone who wants to share their ideas and dreams.
This time we will go back to our roots. Volume 6 will be held at the Yangshupu Creative Center. This converted factory complex with its romantic industrial gardens is the perfect place to get away from Shanghai´s concrete jungle… [For more information about Yangshupu Creative Center, see FAR’s column in Shanghai Talk this month.]
We are still looking for presenters. Everyone is welcome so if you think you have something interesting to say, drop us a line ([email protected]) with the following information:
Your website address
Your email address
Short explanation of work you want to present
2 images of your work
If your idea is accepted, FAR will contact you with further details.
A taste of what to expect…
- Artist David Dieter will explore the concept of a ‘Return to Pangaea: the human race merging back together through technology, migration and information.”
- Daniel Traub will present his work concerning the peripheries of China’s cities.
- Photographer Pierre Henniquant will show work concerning migrant construction workers and urban demolition sites.
- Gregory Pierre will talk about tarot card characters.
- Photographer Grayson Stallings will explore the world of ordinary doors.
- […this could be you!]
Get in touch with the good folks at FAR if you’re interested in getting your voice heard. As far as we can tell, the lineup is pretty heavy with the Camera’d Clan right now — help balance it out.
And see you Saturday.
Pecha Kucha Night Volume 6. Yangshupu Creative Center on 2208 Yangshupu Lu (just north of Yangpu Bridge). Starts at 20:20. RMB 30 (includes one drink). More details at www.sinocities.net.
Photo was taken at Pecha Kucha Night Volume 5 on May 10, 2007, at the Source Gallery.