So while we’re nursing our hangovers from last night’s party and trying to get the damn Beatles songs out of our minds, it dawned on us that not so long ago, we wrote our very first entry here on Shanghaiist, and since then, two years have passed! In the meanwhile, the poor bloggers at Shanghaiist have been so busy trying to keep you entertained and supplementing our meagre writer salaries by peddling strange stuff on the internet that it seems we forgot to celebrate our first birthday!
Anyhow, here, Shanghai, were your favourite posts in the last twelve months –
Most popular posts by pageviews
1. Bus envy soon to hit Shanghai?
2. Shanghai gets cheaper, still more expensive than Beijing
3. 2007 is the Year of Two Heads in China
4. Genius: Chinese cigarette box camera phone (that holds real cigarettes)
5. Shanghai + Sex + Blog + Controversy = Book Deal?
Most recommended posts
1. The toughest motherf*cking interpreter in China
2. The most fashionable people in China: Migrant workers
3. Sex and
4. Foreigner attempts to humiliate Chinese people
5. Eye on Gay Shanghai: The coolest bar you’ve never heard of
Most commented posts
1. Just say no … to Christmas
2. And so the Virginia Tech killer wasn’t from China after all
3. American guy learns about hard work, Chinese style
4. Deborah Fallows in Shanghai
5. Chinese football team goes to UK, fights break out everywhere
The most popular Shanghaiist posts of 2005
Leave us your birthday wishes in the comments section!
*Image from thomashawk.