Mercer HR Consulting has once again released the findings of their annual Cost of Living Survey (it’s almost as if they release a new report every month, doesn’t it?).
Here are some of their interesting findings:
1. Moscow is once again the world’s most expensive city.
2. Beijing has fallen from 14th to 20th and Shanghai from 20th to 26th.
3. Douala in Cameroon is ranked 24th, two ranks above Shanghai, which is just one rank above Kiev in Ukraine.
4. Other curious rankings: Dakar, Senegal (33); Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire (35); Lagos, Nigeria (37).
5. Los Angeles (42); Luxembourg (43)
6. Algiers in Algeria just managed to edge in at 50
Shanghai ranked 100th for quality of living
Cost of living in Shanghai rises
Quality of life on the rise in Shanghai
Shanghai is less expensive for expats this year
*Image of street scene in Douala, Cameroon, the 24th most expensive city in the world from dillonla.