Only five more days until the City Diner/Shanghaiist 4th of July party this Sunday — which, yes, we realize is the 1st of July and (thanks to a commenter) Canada Day. But we promise this party, like all Shanghaiist parties, is very Canadian friendly. In fact, this party is open to anyone of any nationality who enjoys food, drink, music and fun. Sound like you?
Here are the party details:
- What: City Diner Independence Day Burger Grill-Off
- When: Sunday, July 1, 12 noon until 6 pm
- Where: City Diner Hongmei, 3211 Hongmei Lu, near Hongqiao Lu, Tel: 6401-1600. 虹梅路 3211号,近虹桥路.
- Food: All the hamburgers you can eat, cooked by the contestants in the Burger Grill-Off. You get to vote on the “Best Burger in Shanghai”! Sample entries from some of your favorite Shanghai restaurants. Other barbecue necessities like potato salad and cole slaw will also be provided. (There are still one or two slots open for the Grill-Off: Want to compete? Click here)
- Drink: Free flow of beer, sangria and other drinks! Beers included are Henry’s Pale Ale on tap, cans of Fosters and a limited supply of American microbrews from the guys at American Craft Beer Partners.
- Live Music: Ellen Manning on guitar, bluegrass with Tom & Jerry featuring JJ Davis, and Southern rock from Lonestar Wind
- Fun: Fireworks at sundown, lucky draw with great prizes
- Children: All are welcome — we will have face painting and other kiddie activities
- Price: RMB 150 per person, RMB 50 for children under 12
Let us know if you have any questions. See you on Sunday!