Just when we thought the heat-related catastrophes couldn’t get any more dramatic, the Shanghai Daily rolls this out:
A 20-YEAR-OLD student was electrocuted by his computer this morning in Shanghai’s Yangpu District, Eastday.com reported.
The young man, who was identified as Wu, reportedly opened the external casing of the computer’s CPU to prevent it from overheating because he didn’t want to switch on the air conditioner in his home.
According to the report, his sweaty legs came into contact with the computer’s wiring, which might have caused a short circuit. The computer’s internal voltage is as high as 380 volts, enough to give a deadly shock.