The mercury may be falling but there’s still lots of sizzle left in the grill. It’s time for another great big cook-off, and The Naked Cow is hosting the Shanghai Rib Cook-off in two weeks! And it’s all for a good cause! 10% of all proceeds from the day will go to Shanghai Bo Ai Children’s Rehabilitation Center which aids local children with cerebral palsy.
Now we just need 20 gallant teams of three each (you could be professionals, amateurs, restaurants, companies, individuals, families) to sign up for the chance to impress 350-500 rib aficionados and win:
1. A plaque that says “YOU DA RIB CHAMP 2007”!
2. Pole position on the first ever Rib off Board in Shanghai which will list the annual winners
3. and of course the prestige of being Shanghai’s first ever KICK ASS RIB CREW!!
Think you’ve got what it takes? Here’s more from the organisers:
Entry fees for each team:
1. RMB 150 plus one rmb 250 voucher from the outlet for food and/or beverage. Your choice on either/or or both.
2. Each team will buy a minimum raw product weight of pork ribs (baby back, spare, etc., your choice!!). All teams are required to use this cut to ensure level judging grounds.
3. Final entry date will be Wednesday, Sept. 12th. No money no honey………I will not make exceptions
4. Fa piao issued on day of event with shirts if required
1. Peoples’ choices are people’s favorite ribs and team spirit
2. Judges’ choices are best sauce and best ribs (first, second and runner up for both)
The Cow will provide each team with tables set up with:
2. trash bin + bags (big ones, not little ones!!)
3. a BBQ
4. Charcoal/ lighter fluid
5. paper plates/paper napkins
6. one ballot box
7. bring yer own tongs, hats and aprons please!!!!, If it is a hassle, give me lead time on the tongs. For the aprons and hats………..paper toques are really passe as are plastic aprons.
To sign up, DOWNLOAD FORMS HERE (they include more information that you will need!) and send them off to [email protected]!
The Naked Cow, 66 Dan Shui Lu by Jin Ling Xi Lu (淡水路66号，靠近金陵西路)
Phone: 6385-8123, Fax: 6385-1312
Sunday, Sept. 16th, 2007
2pm – 8 pm RIB SERVICE FROM 3 – 5 pm (ish) only!!!!
RMB100 (includes 5 beverage vouchers good for either a draft Heineken or a soft drink per voucher)
Don’t know about you, but we’re already smacking our lips and rubbing our bellies!