Over the week-long National Day holiday:
- Total airline passenger numbers climbed a quarter on the year-earlier period to 3.75 million people, with the record of 540,000 was set on September 30 – the highest number of people to be flying on a single day.
- One million computers were infected with various computer viruses, and 118,000 computers crashed on one day alone.
- Retail sales of consumer goods in China rose 16 percent year-on-year to almost 350 billion yuan.
- Traffic accidents killed 1,171 people, and that’s a drop of 43 percent from last year!
- Average pork prices dropped by 0.4 percent, and the average price of live hogs dropped to 13.25 yuan per kilogram.
Photo from Mike Chen
Share with us how you see Shanghai, or China! Simply post your photos on Flickr, tag them with “shanghaiist“, and we’ll select one favorite image per day. Or you can simply email your photos to photos[at]shanghaiist.com.