Back in the office and just can’t concentrate on work? Here’s a bunch of useless links we gathered that you can entertain yourself with (while pretending to look oh-so-busy)!
- The Opposite End of China pulls out more old China news from the New York Times archive. Eye-catching headlines include: “Moslems capture West China cities”, “Sinkiang capital falls”, “Mohammedans capture Urumchi, Nanking may send mediator”, “New state is formed by Eastern Sinkiang”, and “The Living Buddha is shot”. Interesting to note how writing style has changed over the years!
- Dutch DJ Armin van Buuren has been voted the world’s favourite deejay by a readers’ poll in DJ magazine, and it looks like he has a lot to thank his fans in China (and the old eastern bloc) for!
- The Panda Passport points us to yet another silly dance crew of pizza waiters. This time it’s the guys from Pizza Hut. Somehow, we preferred Mr Pizza’s little shindig.
- Try beating this: 3,500 kids have been named Olympics in China.
AND check out what people in the China network are talking about on Facebook:
- Why do almost all Chinese believe that China is the shttiest place on earth?
- The reality of moving to the West…could you do it and cope?
- Do you prefer to squat or sit in the WC?
- Whats with Chinese women and ARMPIT HAIR?
- The great things of the world that China has yet to discover
- 你如何看待中国一些论坛上人们对日本人的各种辱骂与丑化? How do you think the smears and insults to the Japanese in some Chinese net forum?
- Why would chinese girls not tell you that they have a boyfriend when you ask them?
The Shanghai Show presents its latest video on Xinjiang noodles: How they’re made and why they taste so damn good!