- Baidu has released its video search report, and Kaiser Kuo of the Ogilvy China Digital Watch translates and summarises some of the key findings. Interestingly, “adult-related” search terms account for 34.14% of daily search volume, followed by celebrity-related (14.74%), TV serial related (12.48%), and animation-related (12.21%) searches.
- Google is reportedly under investigation in China for tax evasion, says Paul Midler of The China Game.
- Chinese Skype users now exceed 25% of the global total.
- While venture capital investment in China has grown 5% in Q3 this year, most of that growth has been driven by consumer and business services. VC funding in information technology has dropped 23 percent over last year.
- Earlier this week, Facebook was rumoured to have offered $85 million to buy Zhanzuo.com, a Chinese social-networking website with an estimated 7 million users. But all that has been denied by Facebook in a latest report. With MySpace and Friendster both launching their China versions one after the other, the world now has its eye on Facebook to see what it will do next.
Pictures of computers on a bike by kurzonis