Here, Shanghai, were your favourite stories for the year 2007:
1. Man with world’s largest hand in Shanghai for surgery
2. Giant man-eating catfish found in Guangdong reservoir?
3. China home to the world’s largest Christian population?
4. Is Shanghai the sex capital of the world?
5. Chongqing’s doggie-style public sinks
6. Don’t date men who regularly peruse personal ads
7. We’d kill to eat at Southern Barbarian
8. Public pocket pinball
9. Living on 1,000 RMB a month in Shanghai
10. Drag Party of the Year @ Shanghai Studio
1. Giant man-eating catfish found in Guangdong reservoir?
2. American guy learns about hard work, Chinese style
3. And so the Virginia Tech killer wasn’t from China after all
4. Chinese football team goes to UK, fights break out everywhere
5. Still seedy, but has Tongren Lu turned savage?
6. Man with world’s largest hand in Shanghai for surgery
7. Wei Hui, Bai Ling and Shanghai Baby, two peas in a pod?
8. Bus envy soon to hit Shanghai?
9. Having Flickr problems?
10. Is Beijing’s subway system better than Shanghai’s?
Thank you all for reading Shanghaiist! Here are a few fun facts: since our first post went live on 16 June 2005, we’ve entertained you with 3,838 posts which received a total of 9,921 comments. This has been a year of record traffic for us as well. Over the last twelve months, we saw a total of 2.17 million unique visitors and 4.5 million page visitors, almost double the traffic of the previous year, which makes us one of the fastest growing sites on Gothamist’s worldwide network of city blogs!
If you have something to say to us, we want to hear from you! Let us know how you think we’re doing, what you liked to read here, what you’d like to see more of, and most of all, what makes you love (or hate) us! Even better, if you think there’s something that you think we should be covering but aren’t, why don’t you think about volunteering? The year 2008 promises to be an exciting one, and we’re looking to expand our team of writers and photographers who love sharing with the community what they know (or see) in our city, and across Shanghai. Get in touch with us at info AT shanghaiist DOT com!
Photo from stelzer