- A new airport will be built in Beijing and scheduled to open by 2015. Even with a third terminal opening at Capital International Airport opening next month, Beijing will need a new airport to meet the rising demand for air travel as no further large-scale developments are being planned for Capital.
- Meanwhile, across China, a grand total of 97 new airports will be built by 2020.
- About 3,250 flights in all have been cancelled due to the current snow storms which are the worst China as experienced in decades.
- Total airline passenger traffic in China rose to 185.19 million in the year 2007, up 16%. Cargo traffic increased 13 pct to 3.95 mln metric tons.
- Takeoff and landing fees will drop 40% for foreign carriers and 20% for domestic carriers from March 1 this year. Currently, foreign carriers pay about twice as much as their Chinese counterparts in airport fees.
- Shanghai-based China Eastern Airlines has signed an order for 30 single-aisle 737s from Boeing Co. for about $1.94 billion. Delivery of the new planes is scheduled between July 2011 and November 2015
- Air France has acquired a 25% stake of China Southern’s catering unit through Servair, its inflight catering unit.
Photo from gruntzooki