Photo by Phillyist’s Matt Johnson, SkyscraperSunset.com, December 19, 2007.
- Phillyist explored an impending implosion and lived to tell the tale.
- Gothamist marveled at the city’s new NYC-branded condom campaign – especially the use of a Toronto landmark in the advertising. (Also, fun fact: Gothamist turned five years old yesterday.)
- Tired of the worldwide Scientology protests? Torontoist totally isn’t: they covered the big downtown protest the day it happened, and followed up with an examination of all of the protests’ legality, according to hate crime laws, a few days later.
- LAist also got into the fray outside the “Anonymous” Scientology protests, netting a killer photo essay and some on-site video of the vociferous crew in their V for Vendetta masks.
- And would you look at that: SFist covered last Sunday’s thetan hatefest too.
- According to Seattlest, area travel author Rick Steves and the Washington state ACLU want to talk to you about legalizing pot.
- DCist took a good look at the results of the “Potomac Primary” and put together an interactive map that shows the breakdown of exactly why Washington, D.C. is Obama Country.
- Speaking of which, Austinist reported on Mayor Will Wynn (heh) endorsing Barack Obama.
- Chicagoist continues to be obsessed with all odd Obama accessories,
fly one-of-a-kind, hand-painted kicks.
- And in non-Obama/Scientology-free news, Bostonist met with one of the wine world’s biggest renegades, Gary Vaynerchuk, host of the Wine Library TV podcast.