- Police have arrested four men and one woman for trafficking in methamphetamine, or “ice” around the Fengxian District. While the nation’s very first anti-drug radio programme aired here on Sunday, an increasing number of celebrities are getting caught for drug abuse. Zhang Yuan, one of China’s most popular directors, was arrested two months ago on drug charges. And recently, singer Xie Dong, himself an anti-drug volunteer, was detained after testing positive for meth along with his girlfriend.
- Shanghai is forking out 600 million yuan to build an 800-bed Expo hospital in Sanlin, Pudong, to serve the 70 million visitors that are expected to visit the World Expo in 2010.
- Shanghai has launched a unified land trading market with a mission to “help stem corruption in related transactions across the city”.
- Complain all you like about the air in Shanghai, but our city has just come out tops for sustainable development, believe it or not!
- The trial project to offer free visits to Shanghai Museum, the Site-Memorial of the First National Congress of the Communist Party of China, Luxun Museum and the Former Residence of Chen Yun will start next Monday!
Photo by ranmachen