- The free admission that began this week was such a great success at the Shanghai Museum that officials have now limited the maximum number of visitors to 5,000 at any time. The other three museums included in the trial also reported a spike in visitor numbers.
- Xunlei, the Chinese P2P service that is currently being sued by the Hollywood-based Motion Picture Association for US$1 million has said that the Shanghai court was not the appropriate place to deal with the issue.
- Shanghai has embarked on an ambitious programme to enlarge its green belt areas by 10 million square meters, or 314 percent of the existing green area, by the end of this year. That will bring the city’s greenery coverage rate to about 38 percent.
- With its throughput expected to grow 15 percent, Shanghai has a good chance of overtaking Singapore as the world’s largest container port this year.
- Shanghai is once again China’s most competitive provincial or municipal economy, beating Beijing and Guangdong in the annual competitiveness report conducted by the Chinese Academy of Social Sciences (CASS).
Photo from Sypro