- Since the Hand, Foot and Mouth Disease (HFMD or 手足口病) first hit Fuyang in Anhui Province, more cases have been reported in at least five other provinces — Zhejiang, Henan, Hubei, Jiangxi and Guangdong.
- 622 new cases of the intestinal were reported in Anhui on Saturday, bringing the total number of cases to 5,151. 22 children have died in Fuyang and all kindergartens have been ordered shut.
- In Foshan, Guangdong Province, a third child has died from the disease.
- Jiangxi Province has 21 recorded cases, but no deaths have yet been reported
- Neither Shanghai nor our neighbouring Jiangsu Province have any reported HFMD case yet.
- Although it is still too early to tell if the epidemic has peaked, the World Health Organisation does not think it will be a threat to the Olympics.
Photo from Aileen Koh: Be on the lookout for these reddish spots on the hands and feet of your child.