A survey conducted online by Sohu shows that to the Internet netizenry (at least those who took part in the survey) thinks, in regards to the telco reshuffle:
• the reshuffle will happen post-Olympics;
• the reshuffle will boost competition, ultimately benefitting the customer;
• China Mobile will appear as the most favorable telco after the remix.
In terms of specifics:
Q: Will there be any concrete moves before the Olympics?
• No: 44.06%
• Yes: 43.58%
• Not clear: 12.37%
Q: Do you think the regrouping will add to competition, making the customer benefit from the move?
• Yes: 47.78%
• No: 27.58%
• Difficult to say: 24.64%
Which one of the telcos (following the regrouping) do you favor the most?
• China Mobile: 49.64%
• China Telecom + China Unicom (CDMA): 28.92%
• China Unicom (GSM) + China Netcom: 21.44%
Cross-posted from techblog86 (Twitter feed)