- Torontoist featured the astonishing story (and equally astonishing
photos) of more
than 200 cyclists spontaneously taking over the westbound lanes of the
city’s downtown expressway for 7 kilometers late on a Friday
- Phillyist got to chat with singer/songwriter and internet phenomenon Eric Hutchinson as his major-label debut hit stores.
- Shanghaiist was annoyed by Sharon Stone’s suggestion that the Sichuan earthquake was China’s karma for its treatment of Tibetans. She apologized soon after Dior China dropped her from all advertisements and cinemas vowed not to show any more of her movies.
- Bostonist covered several local disasters, including a fire at Park Street and Rachael Ray’s Dunkin Donuts commercial.
- Chicagoist asked a member of the International Space Station Orbital
Outhouse Team how
space toilets are supposed to work.
- Gothamist was stunned and upset that another construction crane collapsed, causing two fatalities.
- With the Seattle International Film Festival (SIFF) in town, Seattlest has been up to their ears in independent films.
- SFist giggled like a five-year-old kid after hearing the National Spelling Bee champion, Sameer Mishra, utter a filthy word during the competition.
- LAist said goodbye to comedic legend Harvey Korman.