- Fons Tuinstra of China Herald suggests that lots of hotel rooms, in particular 4-star rooms, are still available during the Beijing Olympics. Is Beijing really expecting 500,000 foreigners in August?
- Latest visa rumour from Richard Brubaker of All Roads Lead to China: Anyone born after 1983 will no longer be offered a Z visa.
- The Opposite End of China informs us of a Uyghur attack on a police station last week in Sangong, Xinjiang, which is right on the border with Kazakhstan.
- Alan Baumler of Frog in a Well offers a fascinating look at Chinese money in the past.
- Wang Daiyu of Islam in China takes a look at Chinese Muslim weddings.
- And as usual, lots of excellent content from Roland Soong of EastSouthWestNorth, including this interview with the kneeling Party secretary of Mianzhu, a report of a young Zhejiang girl who congratulates Sichuan for the great earthquake after losing a fight with a Sichuan netizen in an online game, and the CCTV spin on the June 4 rally in Hong Kong.
Photo from Mike Chen