- Shanghai boasts of the fattest pay packets among mainland Chinese cities.
- The Paralympic flame arrives in Shanghai today and the relay will kick off in the Songjiang’s college town.
- Two cultural exhibitions will be held on September 27 at the newly renovated Confucian Temple near Yu Garden to commemorate the birthday of the sage.
- A total of 4,000 visitors flocked to the World Financial Center on Saturday for a view of the city from the world’s tallest viewing gallery.
- Lin Hao, the 9-year-old boy hero who saved two classmates from among the rubble during the Sichuan earthquake, and who led the Chinese contingent into the Bird’s Nest stadium together with Yao Ming during the opening of the Beijing Olympics, has now been enrolled at Tongyuan Experimental Primary School in Shanghai’s Zhabei District.
- Fudan University aims to enroll more foreign graduate students and fewer undergrads in a bid to strengthen its post-graduate programmes. To do that, it is kicking off with a tour to top high schools in Singapore, Kazakhstan, Malaysia and Japan.
Photo from 2 dogs