A few updates on the Shanghaiist Happy Hour at Sasha’s this Thursday:
- First, chicken nuggets will be served. RMB 15 a portion. It just wouldn’t be a Usain Bolt party without nuggets.
- Second, the Just Beer beers on offer will be: James Boag’s Premium Lager, Crown Lager and Pure Blonde.
- Crown Lager will be the beer that comes with the 50 kuai entry fee. And we are told paid attendees will also get a free baseball cap. Yay!
- In addition to the drinks listed below, Sasha’s will be serving a drink called “Jamaica Me Crazy!,” Usain Bolt’s favorite drink in the whole world.1
- We have a reggae soundtrack of 94 songs ready to roll … and less than half of them are by Bob Marley. (Frankly, we were expecting more Marley, but BitTorrent was good to us.)
And here are the basics again:
What: Shanghaiist Happy Hour at Sasha’s (11 Dongping Lu, near Hengshan Lu, 东平路11号
近衡山路, Tel: 6474-6628).
When: Thursday, September 4, 8 pm to midnight.
Drink Specials: Selected drinks half price, including beers from Just Beer. Included drinks: Bottled Beer – James Boag’s Premium Lager, Crown Lager and Pure Blonde; All soft drinks and non-alcoholic cocktails; House Spirits with Mixer (not including Red Bull or cranberry juice) – Russian Standard Vodka, Gordon’s Gin, Bacardi White Rum, Cuervo Gold Tequila, J & B Rare Whisky; Cocktails – Jamaica Me Crazy!, Bloody Mary, Sex on the Beach, Cosmopolitan; Wine – Santa Rita Sauvignon Blanc Santa, Wolf Blass Shiraz.
Music: All Reggae, all the time.
Food: Chicken nuggets, Usain Bolt’s pre-race meal of choice, RMB 15 per portion.
Entry: 50 RMB, includes one Crown Lager from Just Beer … and a baseball cap.
See you soon!
1 Highly unlikely this is true.