WARNING: The video on the right contains footage of someone dying and as such may be disturbing to viewers.
Recently, an 8 year old girl visiting the factory where her grandmother worked died under mysterious circumstances that were captured by the factory’s security camera, as seen here in this report by Zhejiang TV (浙江电视台). The CCTV footage shows the little girl Yang Yang hopping merrily into the factory in Hangzhou’s Yuhang district (余杭), and then resting her body against the electric security gate — the type that you often see around in schools, factories and hospitals around here. The girl then appeared to suddenly be sucked into the gate, and lost control of her body. Within a few seconds, her body grew limp, her head fell backwards and she fell onto the ground, lifeless. After viewing the footage, Yang Yang’s mother is convinced that she accidentally kicked her shoes off while playing and was electrocuted. Tests concluded that there was a 12V leakage from the gate — still below the 36V level which is safe for the human body, says the factory representative. A reporter also found out that an autopsy commissioned by the factory had been mysteriously cancelled. When questioned, the factory representative said he cancelled the autopsy report when he found out that results would not be out before a month. He had earlier thought that this would take only a weekend. Now that the girl had already died, he argued, there was nothing else that would bring her back to life, and so there was no great need to find out the cause of her death. He wanted to bring an end to this episode as soon as possible, both for himself and the parents. The reporter then asks the father of the girl if he didn’t wish to find out why her daughter died. He responded, “I agree with everything he [the factory owner] has said.” It is understood the parents have received compensation of RMB305,000 from the factory, and agreed not to press further charges.