- ChinaSmack outdoes itself with its two recent posts: Post-90s Kids Do Not Take Military Training Seriously and Kidney Stone Gate: Latest Updates & Funny Sanlu Photoshops
- Adam Minter of Shanghai Scrap laments in as polite a way he can over the state of expat advertising in Shanghai.
- Marc van der Chijs goes shopping at Carrefour and finds the milk shelves all empty except for a particular brand of French milk selling at RMB16.30 per litre.
- The New Dominion dissects a China Daily article on Kashgar during the fasting month of Ramadan.
- Tim John of China Rises says that the media’s honeymoon period is over with the Olympics behind us, and that we may “soon be slipping backward toward the greater restrictions”.
Photo from Marc van der Chijs