Photograph by Jake Dobkin
- Gothamist covered the three B’s this week: A new Banksy-commissioned mural in Soho, new bike rack protoypes, and (Mayor) Bloomberg’s controversial decision to seek a third term.
- Seattlest, recovering from ESPN’s ranking of Seahawks fans, asked, “What makes a real Seattleite?”
- Chicagoist checked out a new Gourmet food event, talked to CBS News’ Bob Schieffer, and checked out a nude painting of Sarah Palin.
- Bostonist played Sarah Palin Bingo.
- Torontoist wrote about what just might have been the biggest Rickroll ever, thanks to an art installation that filled every window of their city hall with remote-controlled lights.
- LAist was shocked to see a video of a grown man punching a teen girl multiple times after he budged her relatives at a McDonalds.
- Shanghaiist covered the world’s longest journey by skateboard ever made by a New Zealander that started in Switzerland and ended in Shanghai.
- Londonist spied hundreds of people in gorilla suits descending upon the streets of London for the annual Great Gorilla Run.
- SFist not only blushed at these NSFW shots from last week’s sex-fetish extravaganza, the Folsom Street Fair, but also marveled at Sarah Palin’s own perverse journalistic orgy of excess.