- White Rabbit candies are set to be back on the shelves first in Shanghai, then in other places around China. Hopefully this time they will be free of both formaldehyde and melamine.
- The recent financial crisis might turn out in the long run to be good for Shanghai’s global ambitions to become a financial hub as jobless Wall Street professionals find themselves snapped up by Shanghai-based financial institutions.
- The art gallery ShanghART has opened up a new location at 796 Huaihai Zhong Lu and apparently Jude Law showed up for the opening.
- 23 ancient structures dating back to the Ming and Qing dynasties have been discovered in Songjiang district.
- A Shanghainese man who phoned cops three times during the Olympics to saying there were explosives in the Huating Hotel has been sentenced to 18 months in prison.
Photo by Jakob Montrasio.