- More economic turmoil for China: the Central Bank cut interest rates by more than a full percent (1.08%), while Foxconn, the world’s largest electronics components manufacturer, tries to layoff 100,000 workers without telling anyone about it. [Xinhua and China Tech News]
- Convicted cop-killer Yang Jia was executed Wednesday. Amazingly, Yang received a good deal of public sympathy online after he was arrested for stabbing six police officers. [WSJ].
- Shaolin monks try out their new “money-grabber” style of wushu. First lesson: online merchandising. Second lesson: exporting the “Shaolin brand” to temples in Kunming. [Danwei]
- CCP-owned newspaper Global Times ripped Guns ‘N Roses over their newest album, Chinese Democracy, for “viciously attacking China”. Here‘s the full translation. [Foreign Expert]
- Dancing With the Stars, a.k.a. “Wu Lin Da Hui” is coming to China, courtesy of SMG and Tudou. [JLM]
- “Commercial horse race meetings“, a.k.a. betting on the ponies, are back on in Wuhan after being shut down almost 50 years ago. 120,000RMB is up for grabs. [China Daily]
Photo from fiverlocker.