At tomorrow’s big holiday party at Cotton’s on Xinhua Lu, get your photo taken with Santa Claus — or Father Christmas, if you swing that way — between 8:30 and 11:30 pm (Santa likes to hit the bars on Tongren at about midnight). Shanghai-based photographer Stephen Yang will be taking professional portraits (lights and everything) of party guests chilling with Santa in Santa’s VIP room (behind the first-floor bar). All party-goers are welcome … and it doesn’t cost you a thing. We’ll post the pics on Shanghaiist early next week.
(Stephen promises the photo quality on Saturday will be much higher than the Polaroid that is attached to this post, which Stephen had nothing to do with. Pictured are selected members of the 1992-93 Elizabethtown College junior varsity basketball team … and a couple other guys, too. That is Shanghaiist’s founding editor on the far right. Please don’t tell him we put this on the internet.)
A Very Shanghai Christmas on …
Shanghaiist/Cotton’s Holiday Party DJ: Expect ‘next-level, game-changing Christmas music’
Shanghaiist/Cotton’s Holiday Party: The weather outside is …. delightful
Party details and flyer after the jump …
Here are the party details:
- What: A Very Shanghai Christmas, a holiday party presented by Shanghaiist and Cotton’s
- When: Saturday, December 20, 8 pm ’til late
- Where: The new Cotton’s at 294 Xinhua Lu, near Dingxi Lu (新华路294号,近定西路)
- Music: Early on, all your holiday favorites. Later on, DJ El Nomo (of Bananas fame) on the holiday wheels of steel.
- Santa: He’ll be there! Get your photo taken on his lap! For free! (Professional portraits taken by Stephen Yang.)
- Special Drinks: Holiday-inspired cocktails and beers from American Craft Beer Partners.
- Movies: Watch some holiday classics!
- Fireplaces: Two of them!
- Outdoor Seating: In December? You bet. Assuming no rain, portable heaters will be brought out to the garden.
- Entry: RMB 50, includes one beer from American Craft Beer Partners.