U.S.-based ladmag Complex has compiled a list of what they consider the Nine Hottest Chinese Women. While we’re not ones to argue whether the women compiled in the list are actually hot, we were a little surprised by some of the inclusions (Christy who?). We were also a little bemused by how many pictures involved the women getting sprayed with liquids. Apparently Asia is one giant wet t-shirt contest.
9. 刘亦菲 (Liu Yifei): Also known as Crystal Liu. Famous for her role as the teenage love interest in that Jackie Chan + Jet Li flop Forbidden Kingdom
8. 赵薇 (Zhao Wei): Also known as Vicky Zhao. Was most recently in Painted Skin. Once had feces smeared on her face by a fan upset over her posing in a Japanese flag.
7. 黄圣依 (Huang Shengyi): The mute lollipop-loving girl in Kung Fu Hustle. We really haven’t seen her in anything else, though her Wiki page says she’s Shanghainese! 上海人 represent!
6. 徐若瑄 (Xu Ruoxuan): Also known as Vivian Hsu. She’s apparently an actress, a model, and was part of some sort of girlie pop group in Japan. Our fondest memories are of seeing her in a shoe commercial in the subway.
5. 钟丽缇 (Zhong Liti): Christy Chung. We’ve never heard of this Canadian-born Chinese Vietnamese mix, but supposedly her career as a sex symbol suffered when she had her first baby. She ought to take a couple tips from Heidi Klum.
4. 舒淇 (Shu Qi): Adorable, transportable and previously a porn star.
3. 章子怡 (Zhang Ziyi): Those sexy photos earlier this year couldn’t keep her out of our hearts. Chinese netizens angry at her engagement to a white man may never admit it, but they’d die for a chance to engage in some butt sniffing antics.
2. 张曼玉 (Zhang Manyu): More famously known as Maggie Cheung, she’s starred in over 70 films since beginning her career in 1983. Fun fact – Her wiki page says she’s Shanghainese too!
and the award for hottest Chinese woman named in an American metrosexual magazine is…
1. 巩俐 (Gong Li): Yep, the woman who broke China’s heart when she renounced her citizenship and became a Singaporean came in first. Viva la used-to-be Chinese.
Thoughts? Comments? Heartfelt rants against Complex for not including your favorite, much more deserving Chinese starlet?