Philadelphia’s Brian Seymour (MySpace) will once again be performing an acoustic set of his original music on Tuesday, June 23 at Cotton’s on Xinhua Lu during the Shanghaiist Happy Hour, which runs from 6 to 10 p.m. Seymour is in town doing a series of shows at the House of Blues & Jazz — it’s called “The Piano Has Been Drinking” and he’s playing, naturally, the piano and singing the music of Tom Waits. For us, he’ll be playing guitar and performing songs from his albums.
As usual, the Happy Hour features free entry and 2-for-1 specials on selected drinks.
- Check out Seymour’s official site (which oddly seems blocked in China)
- Listen to some tracks on MySpace
- Purchase his latest album Perfectly Wrong on iTunes
- Read reviews of Seymour’s albums at CD Baby
- Catch Seymour at the House of Blues & Jazz (60 Fuzhou Lu, Near Sichuan Lu) on June 15, 22 and 29. Gigs start at 9 p.m.
What: Shanghaiist Happy Hour featuring Brian Seymour
Where: Cotton’s on Xinhua Lu, 294 Xinhua Lu, near Fanyu Lu (新华路294号, 近番禺路)
When: Tuesday, June 23, 6 to 10 p.m.
Drinks: 2 for 1 on selected drinks
View this event on Facebook.
Video of Brian Seymour performing “Dark and Stormy” shot on an iPhone.
given our love of jangly guitars and well-crafted
pop, it’s a natural that we’d dig Brian Seymour’s
new CD, Perfectly Wrong. It’s all right:
raspy vocals, intense delivery, inspired songwriting.”
— The Philadelphia Inquirer
“From his early acoustic based material
to the more exciting new pop leaning songs,
Brian is a musical force to be reckoned with
both locally and nationally.”
— WXPN, Philadelphia