- Okay, so apparently Shanghai hasn’t stopped on-board temperature checks, because one Shanghaiist managing editor totally had to go through one yesterday night.
- So yesterday was really hot, right? Today’s apparently supposed to be slightly cooler, with a high of 32 degrees… and that still sounds sweltering to us. Looks like we’ll be staying inside til night time. [Shanghai Daily]
- The first gorilla ever born in Shanghai (and the first in China since 1982) finally has a name, 17-months after his birth. And his name is Haibei. [Xinhua]
- A woman shocked passer bys on Wednesday night by throwing a 2-month-old baby into the Huangpu river. Sadly, the baby did not survive. Police are investigating the woman’s motive. [Xinmin]
- SmartShanghai figured out where to get ninja weapons. Which means that we’d better be wary about what we write about SmartShanghai from now on. [SmartShanghai]
Photos by Dan Washburn