So like the weather nuts predicted, Shanghai was rained out on the Eclipse. That didn’t stop most of us from venturing out of our homes to try and catch a glimpse of the disappearing sun through the foggy, cloudy skies though. While this Shanghaiist editor, stuck in rainy Xintiandi thanks to an address mix up, didn’t get to see much, thankfully the internet is here to the rescue!
- Above is a photo by French photographer Mathias Guillin, who used a EOS 5D+300mm lens+ 2x extender to capture the moment at 8:53am. Check out more of his stuff on Chinatravel.net
- Want to see what went on in real time? Youku has an entire page dedicated to people’s 日全食 (riquanshi) vids.
- Some more photographs, this time documenting the eclipse as seen in Chongqing, from a Sina blog.
- Somebody created a really cute desktop image to celebrate the eclipse. Look at that cute little Pearl Tower.
- Some more really beautiful pictures of the eclipse from other parts of the world – like India and Taiwan – here at the Boston Globe
- eno still has some eclipse shirts left for you to commemorate the event: one reminiscent of ET and one with a more standard eclipse pattern. Each are 99RMB.
And if you’re curious about what we did see at Xintiandi, here it is below. We’ll post some awesome pics snapped by our friends at the other four locales later in the day.