Egads! Another CCTV fire! Luckily, this one was not nearly as damaging as the one that happened in February, which basically rendered the not-fully-built TVCC building completely unusable. Yesterday’s incident was minor: smoke had been rising from the CCTV building’s roof, but the flames had already died by the time firefighters arrived. Unfortunately, the current explanation is not particularly relief inducing. According to a translation by Danwei, the fire possibly “occurred because of the scorching weather, which caused the film on the glass to spontaneously ignite.” Great. Isn’t flammable exoskeleton the thing that caused the TVCC building to become a fire beacon as well?