- Somebody from ABC News has offered up her ways to see Shanghai on a “shoestring.” Classic offenders Yu Yuan, Xintiandi and Nanjing Road are there, but what do you think of her other ideas? [ABC News]
- Roots & Shoots have told us that the Linkin Park concert did a little more good than just rockin’ out the populace. 7RMB from tickets sold in Shanghai and Macau were donated to the charity’s Million Tree Project – resulting in 6,597 trees to be planted next April.
- Zhang Ziyi was hanging out in our fair city yesterday to help launch the Omega 2009 Constellation watch collection at SOGO. She got the opportunity to “delve deeply into her fascination with watchmaking.” Zhang! We never knew you loved to tinker! [Vialuxe]
- What the heck. Last week, a Shanghai East Hospital doctor had anesthetized his patient and then forgot to do the required surgery. Officials have now suspended the doctor and given the patient a free trip back to the operating table. [Shanghai Daily]
- Howard French was in Shanghai for the last couple of months, immersing himself in a life many of us expats have never even touched upon – that of the Chinese working class. [NY Times]
Photo by dbmboise